On the maroon bar above ...
- click on 'Demo' to see a demo of the main features of the new site (opens in new window).
- click on 'Free trial' to start a no-obligation, fully-functional free 30-day trial of the website. Any information that you input (specifically regarding which track you have already completed) will be retained if you decide to subscribe to the service.
- click on 'Subscribe' to start using the site in earnest. If you registered for the free trial, your subscription lasts for 12 months from when your trial expires, otherwise it lasts 12 months from the time of payment. Subscription fees are designed to cover the cost of running the site, with any excess going to charity (currently East Anglia's Children's Hospices).
- click on 'Contact us' if you have any questions on the functionality of the new system, or plans for its future.
Benefits of the new website
- a map-based interface with up-to-date track diagrams and the ability to easily mark which track you have done
- rather than being presented with a list of rare track (with references to Quail that are repeatedly changing with each subsequent edition), you will be able to click on a crossover or other section of a track on a diagram to bring up any associated rare moves. Track diagrams covering the entire Network Rail infrastructure of England, Scotland and Wales will be added progressively over a period of time.
- diagrams will be kept up to date with the initial focus being on areas where there have been substantial changes, but where this updated information is not necessarily readily available in other publications.
- unlike the old system, the new system is not reliant on the time-consuming task of a person manually running scripts and physically looking for rare track opportunities.
- consequently, the information portrayed is always up to date, particularly the diary of upcoming rare track opportunities
- the information presented can be tailored to meet you own individual needs, so you are no longer faced with information that is of no interest to you
- in order that you don't miss out on rare track opportunites, you can elect to receive email alerts highlighting upcoming particularly-rare track movements
- DIY queries - the ability to search for rare track entries yourself and not be restricted to the pre-prepared scripts - useful if you have a commoner piece of track that is eluding you